Thursday, February 25, 2010

Painting and Carving Pumpkins October Fun 2009

Painting and Carving Pumpkins October Fun 2009We have so many pumpkins at our house we are not sure what to do with them. Sarah has two and I have two. Mom thought it would be a good idea for Sarah and I to paint our small pumpkins and carve our big ones. I am so proud of myself because I painted this all by myself.
My pumpkin is painted and decorated with cotton balls.
Who wants to carve a pumpkin? Let the adventure begin! My dad cut the top of the pumpkin open so Adam and I could clean the pumpkin out. I had no desire to stick my hands inside the pumpkin, instead I asked for a BIG spoon.
Team work! I scooped with the spoon while mom pulled everything out! By the way, my mom loves this photo of us.
Yum Yum! Yep I decided to take a mouth full of pumpkin guts right as mom took the picture. Don't worry I spit it out instantly and drank like an entire cup of water after that experience. So much for having my big sister Sarah by my side, she did not even worn me but instead she just watched me inhale a big bite.
I love getting dirty! My parents should know by now that when they give me a spoon I assume it is time to eat. Don't worry Mr. Bear stayed cleaned as a whistle.
I took this picture of my mom and dad! They said I did a great job. Who knows maybe I'll be a photographer like Ms. Shannon one day!
While my dad did all the carving, mom got Sarah and I into the tub. Sarah and I had to take a shower after our bath because the bottom of the tub was filled with pumpkin guts and seeds. In the middle of getting Sarah and I dressed dad came into our room to show us his work of art. He did a really good job on the pumpkin and once the lights went out, I yelled WOW! I am so glad I picked the haunted castle.
My dad did a great job. I wanted the pumpkin to sleep with me but mom and dad would not bite on that one. Instead we put it outside for all our neighbors to see. I can't wait until daddy and I work on my princess pumpkin later in the week.

No comments: